It all started around the year 1875, a few years after the Civil War ended the dark and gloomy days of slavery, that some of our old patriarchs gathered under a tree for worship service. It is believed that many Black churches started under a tress. The tree was a haven at the close of the day. First, to rest their tired and weary bodies, and to also give thanks to the Almighty God. It was under the shade of a tree, that minds worked, payers were prayed, and a spiritual vision transpired. Sita Lewis, a doer and generous man, saw the spiritual needs of his people and donated a partial of land to erect a church. This church was thus named in honor of Sita Lewis, St. Lewis Missionary Baptist Church.
"To minister holistically to all mankind."
Copyright © 2022 St. Lewis Missionary Baptist Church - All Rights Reserved.